Monday 23 March 2015

Visible Monday

I've been into town, still searching for that elusive red dress. It's supposed to be spring but the weather is cold, too early yet to be parting company from cosy scarves and jumpers.
My battered old velvet coat from Jigsaw is an ideal between weather piece of clothing. (It's looks haven't been improved since a recent meal out with friends when one of our number thought it was a cushion and sat on it. I had placed it carefully over the back of a chair, but that's men for you!)
The cashmere scarf, from Merci in Paris, you must have seen before because, although large, it is featherlight and warm and I practically live in the thing.
Underneath is a Boden waistcoat and a pink button-through jumper.
Yep, purple is my favourite colour!
for Patti's Visible Monday.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like spring is peeping out behind you and your pretty clothes reflect the weather for these in-between weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always amazes me how tough those delicate-looking spring flowers really are. My response to the current weather is the same as that of your cats!

      Delete
  2. Although it may be battered, your coat looks wonderful and you look happily ready for the advent of spring. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a battered but much loved coat, very comfortable to wear.
      I'm more than ready for spring to arrive, Patti!

      Delete
  3. I think velvet is like leather and denim - it still looks very good when battered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, because it's battered alright! (I've had my fringe cut since these photos so can now see out without tilting my head to a very odd angle!)

      Delete
  4. Lovely ... so romantic! Cozy + spring sensitive! So you, so pretty and I hope you find your red dress. I've had red on the brain for a week or two as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, velvet is a lovely fabric to wear. If ever I find that red dress I'll post it for you to see. Meanwhile, good hunting, Jan.

      Delete