Friday 20 May 2016

Blue skies

Blue skies shining on me, tra la la. Just the thing for Friday Skywatch.
We are just back from Crete where, I'm happy to report, the sky was a welcoming expanse of clear blue for most of our holiday. The taxi driver en route to the hotel said that their winter had been unusually warm and dry and he was concerned about his olive crop. I refrained from telling him that the rain maker was in his car minus her brolly, but my presence on the island did mean that the Cretan crops enjoyed one day of steady rain during our stay.
The hotel was designed to look like a Cretan village with charming little pathways and quiet corners.
















And there was an equally blue sea, warm enough for swimming!

4 comments:

  1. Crete looks amazing, and I love those deep blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them too! Now I'm back home in Blighty with gently falling rain. No complaints, however, because everywhere is an abundance of fresh green growth and looks wonderful.

      Delete
  2. I got to visit Crete many years ago and your post brought back some wonderful memories.

    I have not seen a totally blue sky in what seems like months. We have been having GB weather since spring began.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to our neighbour to collect the greenhouse keys. "It's always good weather when you go away on holiday" he informed me. Now that I'm back it's raining!

      Delete